Find Out What Happens When You Fail to Appear in Court

Failure to appear in court (FTA) comes with consequences. If you miss your court date and notify your local bail agent, they can submit a reinstatement letter to the court. A reinstatement letter is submitted to the court by the bail agent to reinstate the bail bond you “forfeited” by not appearing in court. Without a reinstatement letter from your local bail bonds, failing to appear in court can cause more issues for you and your case. If you do not have a reinstatement letter, the full bail amount will have to be paid by your bail bonds company if you are not located within 185 days.  If you are not located, a warrant will remain out for your arrest. This is why it is important to stay in contact with your local bail bonds. Any change of address, phone number, or other important information should be shared with your bail agent to insure communication. It can be intimidating to call the court, your public defender, or your private attorney once you have failed to appear in court. Your best option is to contact your local bail bonds to receive a reinstatement letter. Check out this video learn the details!